CIC POWERBOX WARRANTY
This limited warranty supersedes all previous CIC POWERBOX, LLC warranties and is exclusive with no other guarantees or warranties expressed or implied.
LIMITED WARRANTY – Subject to the expressed terms and conditions set forth below, CIC POWERBOX, LLC warrants to the original retail purchaser of new CIC POWERBOX, LLC equipment for a period of up to 1 year from the date of original retail purchase that such equipment is free from defects in materials and workmanship when shipped by CIC POWERBOX, LLC.
For warranty claims received by CIC POWERBOX, LLC within the applicable warranty periods described below, CIC POWERBOX, LLC will repair or replace any warranted equipment, parts or components that fail due to defects in material or workmanship or refund the purchase price for the equipment, if the equipment is returned in full to CIC POWERBOX, LLC in the same condition as was stated at the time of the warranty claim approval. All warranty work shall be performed at CIC POWERBOX, LLC’s discretion.
CIC POWERBOX, LLC will repair or replace all components and materials necessary to restore the product back to its original purchased state, to the original retail customer who purchased a CIC POWERBOX, LLC product directly from the factory or from an authorized dealer, distributor, or distributor’s dealer in North America.
Extended warranties may be purchased separately, contact CIC POWERBOX, LLC for more information.
This warranty does not transfer to subsequent owners. All parts replaced under warranty will be considered as part of the original product, and any warranty on those parts will expire concurrent with the original product warranty period.
LIMITED WARRANTY PERIODS:
Non-commercial / Non-rental (personal use by a retail customer): 1 year parts and labor
Commercial / Non-rental (usage for income, business use): 1 year parts and labor
CIC POWERBOX, LLC must be notified by the customer in writing or by phone call within thirty (30) days of any such defect or failure which may result in a warranty claim. Photographic evidence may be required to validate any claim made.
CIC POWERBOX, LLC must be notified in writing or by phone call by the customer within five (5) days of any freight damage or concealed freight damage upon receipt/retrieval of the product by the customer. Photographic evidence may be required to validate any claim made.
All transportation charges for the product to be returned and re-shipped are the responsibility of the customer. Any part replaced under warranty becomes the property of CIC POWERBOX, LLC until the expiration of this Limited Warranty.
This Limited Warranty shall not apply to:
1. Equipment that has been modified by any party other than CIC POWERBOX, LLC or equipment which has not been used and maintained in accordance with CIC POWERBOX, LLC’s specifications.
2. Equipment which has been improperly installed and/or improperly operated, based upon CIC POWERBOX, LLC specifications for the equipment or industry standards.
3. The excessive and/or non-stop operation (continuous running) of the product beyond its specified performance range for its application, or any excessive regular non-stop operation, exceeding reasonable performance expectations in operating equipment or other devices beyond their normal specifications for duty cycle. All performance expectations are at the discretion of CIC POWERBOX, LLC.
4. Any battery that has been depleted of its state of charge to 0% or near 0%, or has experienced voltage level drops to or below 10.5 volts, during any stage of its life.
5. Any excessive commercial usage not pre-approved by CIC POWERBOX, LLC.
6. Any downstream air system leaks which cause excessive operation of the system.
7. System failure from the improper use of extremely long extension cords or light gauge wire cords attempting to operate high powered equipment.
8. System failures from attempting to operate appliances or equipment which require start up or operating power levels beyond the specified capability of the system. Please note that some devices or appliances may not properly describe / depict their actual start up power need specifications, which in turn, may be beyond the capability of the CIC POWERBOX, LLC product. Verify compliance with the full manufacturer’s specification for any device that is planned to be operated by the CIC POWERBOX, LLC product prior to any use.
9. Any failure by the customer to properly train their operators.
10. Any failure by the customer to provide their operators with proper operational and instructional documentation/media provided by CIC POWERBOX, LLC.
11. Any violation of any safety protocols, written, labeled, or implied by CIC POWERBOX, LLC.
12. Any failure by the customer to educate their operators on all potential known problems that could be encountered while operating the system, i.e.: air pressure leaks, the smell of electrical wires burning or rotten eggs, the sight of smoke, unfamiliar sounds or noises, or excessive run times of equipment beyond normal operation.
13. Any failure of the operator to cease operating the system after encountering any of the above referenced occurrences, or any circumstance that may be perceived abnormal or faulty and subsequently failure to report any perceived possible problem with the system.
14. Any failure to report any perceived abnormal or faulty problems while operating the system to CIC POWERBOX, LLC or designated authority.
Photos or videos may be requested by CIC POWERBOX, LLC to confirm any warranty claims made for any CIC POWERBOX, LLC products. Inability to provide adequate photos/videos at the request by CIC POWERBOX, LLC to confirm warranty claim will void this Limited Warranty. Quality and validity of the provided photos/videos shall be at the sole discretion of CIC POWERBOX, LLC to determine.
Providing misinformation or improper data, attempting to validate a warranty, may result in total loss of any claim if it is proven that the information provided is false. Any expense that has been incurred by CIC POWERBOX, LCC at the fault of provided misinformation or false data by the customer, shall be charged to and paid for by the customer. CIC POWERBOX, LLC retains the right to withhold the warrantied product in question until full payment has been received.
These warranties are subject to the customer’s compliance with the proper installation and hookup of the CIC Powerbox® in or on a vehicle and the proper operating and functional use of the CIC POWERBOX, LLC products as outlined in the Installation / Operation manual(s), recommendation labels and other documentation. Warranty covers normal wear as may be expected over time. Any damage to the CIC Powerbox®, including dents, cuts, punctures, holes, or indications of misuse or abuse shall void the warranty.
As the CIC Powerbox® is a product that provides continuous remote power for the operator’s use, any ‘downstream’ failure of any components within the system which in turn forces or contributes to the failure of the CIC Powerbox®, shall not be covered under this Limited Warranty. Such ‘downstream’ events such as dead or direct short circuit of AC electric power or DC electric power, or a sustained electrical current draw that distresses the system into a failure mode, or air pressure leaks or faulty equipment air leaks wherein the demand for air power is virtually constant, causing the CIC Powerbox® system to operate at or near a ‘continuous’ basis, ultimately operating the system to a failure mode, or limited performance mode, shall not be covered by the Warranty.
If the internal chassis of the CIC Powerbox® is opened or breeched in any way, this Limited Warranty shall be void. Warranty does not include cost of normal maintenance as may be required for minor mechanical adjustments, leaking air clamps/connections, and installation/latching adjustments. All warranty expenses for dis-installation, re-installation, any and all shipping and delivery charges are at consumers’ cost. Warranty shall include all labor and material cost for replacement and repair of any faulty components which fall under this Limited Warranty.
In addition to the forementioned disclaimers, limitations and terms, this limited warranty shall not apply to and does not cover accessories, nor does it cover products that are in any way subject to any of the following:
1. Improper setup, installation or storage.
2. Lack of proper maintenance and service.
3. Accident, damage, abuse or misuse.
4. Abnormal operating conditions or applications.
5. Repair or modification by customer or any third party without written consent of CIC POWERBOX, LLC.
6. Use under operating conditions or in applications not recommended or approved by CIC POWERBOX, LLC.
7. Normal wear.
8. The use of accessories or attachments not recommended by CIC POWERBOX, LLC.
9. Acts of God.
The application of these exclusions will be determined at the sole discretion of CIC POWERBOX, LLC.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS MADE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR GUARANTY ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW. ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, IMPLIED WARRANTY, GUARANTY AND ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE PERFORMANCE OF THE EQUIPMENT, AND ANY REMEDY FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, IN TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY WHICH, BUT FOR THIS PROVISION, MIGHT ARISE BY IMPLICATION, OPERATION OF LAW, CUSTOM OF TRADE, OR COURSE OF DEALING ARE EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED BY CIC POWERBOX, LLC
Some states in the United States of America do not allow limitations of how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion of incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages, and as such, the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty provides specific legal rights. Other rights may be available to you, but may vary from state to state.
In Canada, legislation in some provinces provides for certain additional warranties or remedies other than as stated herein, and to the extent that they may not be saved, the limitations and exclusions set forth above may not apply. This Limited Warranty provides specific legal rights, and other rights may be available, but may vary from province to province.