CIC POWERBOX LLC – LIMITED WARRANTY
This limited warranty dated 8/15/2022 supersedes all previous CIC POWERBOX, LLC warranties and is exclusive with no other guarantees or warranties expressed or implied.
LIMITED WARRANTY – Subject to the expressed terms and conditions set forth below, CIC POWERBOX, LLC warrants to the original retail purchaser of new CIC POWERBOX, LLC equipment for a period of up to 1 year from the date of original retail purchase that such equipment is free from defects in materials and workmanship when shipped by CIC POWERBOX, LLC.
For warranty claims received by CIC POWERBOX, LLC within the applicable warranty periods described below, CIC POWERBOX, LLC will repair or replace any warranted equipment, parts or components that fail due to defects in material or workmanship or refund the purchase price for the equipment if the equipment is returned in full to CIC POWERBOX, LLC in the same condition as was stated at the time of the warranty claim approval, acceptance of the condition of the equipment returned is at the discretion of CIC POWERBOX, LLC.
CIC POWERBOX, LLC will repair or replace all components and materials necessary to restore the product back to its original purchased state, to the original retail customer who purchased a CIC POWERBOX, LLC product from CIC POWERBOX LLC, or from an authorized dealer, distributor, or distributor’s dealer in North America.
Some Dealers may request and may receive, with specific approval, a short extension of the warranty for the receipt of the equipment, brief storage of the equipment under proper storage parameters, and the subsequent installation of the equipment into a final host vehicle for the end customer.
This warranty does not transfer to subsequent owners, unless the sale is through an approved Dealer/Distributor, with prior approval from CIC POWERBOX LLC. All parts replaced under warranty will be considered as part of the original product, and any warranty on those parts will expire coincident with the original product warranty. All parts/components replaced from the equipment, shall become the property of CIC POWERBOX LLC.
Limited Warranty periods:
Non-commercial / Non-rental (personal use by a retail customer): 1 year parts and labor
Commercial / Non-rental (usage for income, business use): 1 year parts and labor*
When a customer experiences any failure or defect of a CIC POWERBOX, LLC system, the customer must notify CIC POWERBOX LLC in writing or by verified phone call within ten (10) days of any such defect or failure. Failure to immediately report any problem with customer’s equipment, may result in the voiding of the warranty, if the unreported failure continues to cause additional damage or harm to any part of the remaining system.
Freight Damage or any concealed freight damage at the time of receipt of the product by the customer, must be reported to CIC POWERBOX, LLC in writing or by phone call within five(5) days of the receipt of any freight damaged item or component in the shipment. Failure to report the damage, may result in the loss of the ability to file an insurance claim for freight damages during shipment. Cost of any freight damage repair may then become the responsibility of the customer, for failure to properly report.
All transportation charges for any proposed warranty work/repair, are the responsibility of the customer.
Any part replaced under warranty becomes the property of CIC POWERBOX, LLC. The new replacement component shall continue to be owned by CIC POWERBOX, LLC until the expiration of the equipment’s original Limited Warranty, so that the Limited Warranty of the product can continue through its term.
This Limited Warranty shall not apply to:
- Equipment that has been modified by any Party other than CIC POWERBOX, LLC.
- Any equipment which has not been used and/or maintained in accordance with CIC POWERBOX LLC’s specifications and operating procedures.
- Equipment which has been improperly installed and/or improperly operated, based upon CIC POWERBOX, LLC specifications for the equipment or industry standards.
- The maximum non-stop operation (continuous running of product) of more than (30 minutes) max.*
- Any excessive regular non-stop operation, without the consideration of the equipment being operated, by the operator, whereas the equipment may be damaged by excessive use. Defects, system failure, or damage incurred by such an event, shall be at the discretion of CIC POWERBOX LLC.
- Any battery system that has been depleted of its state of charge to 0% or near 0%, or has seen voltage levels drop to or below 10.5 volts, during any stage of its life, may result in the voiding of the warranty.
- Any battery system that has been depleted and left uncharged for more than 12 hours without beginning a new charge state to replenish the battery’s energy storage capability may result in the voiding of the warranty.
- Any excessive commercial usage of the CIC POWERBOX LLC product not approved by CIC POWERBOX, LLC, prior to its use in the field/application.*
* Some restrictions may apply, contact CIC POWERBOX LLC prior to any use for more information and confirmation of any such situation’s validity.
All of these Limited Warranties are subject to the customer’s compliance with the proper installation and hookup of the CIC POWERBOX product in or on a vehicle and the proper operating and functional use of the CIC POWERBOX products as outlined in the Installation / Operation manual(s), recommendation labels and other documentation. The Limited Warranty covers normal wear as may be expected over time. Any damage to the CIC POWERBOX, including dents, cuts, punctures, holes, or indications of misuse or abuse shall void the warranty.
As CIC POWERBOX is a product that provides continuous remote power for the operator’s use, any ‘downstream’ failure of any other non-CIC POWERBOX LLC components within the system which in turn forces or contributes to the failure of the CIC POWERBOX product, shall not be covered under the Warranty. Such ‘downstream’ events such as dead or direct short circuit of AC electric power or DC electric power, or a sustained electrical current draw that distresses the system into a failure mode, air pressure leaks or faulty equipment air leaks wherein the demand for air power is virtually constant, causing the CIC POWERBOX system to operate on or near a continuous basis, operating the system to a failure mode, or limited performance mode, shall not be covered by the Warranty.
If the internal chassis of the CIC POWERBOX is opened or breeched in any way, the Limited Warranty shall be voided.
The Limited Warranty does not include cost of normal maintenance as may be required for minor mechanical adjustments, including but not limited to leaking air couplers, hoses, and installation adjustments. All warranty expenses for dis-installation, re-installation, and shipping/delivery charges are at consumers’ cost.
Limited Warranty shall include all labor and material cost for replacement and repair of any faulty components which have been determined by CIC POWERBOX LLC to qualify for repair/replacement under Warranty. This work shall be done at no cost to the consumer for the labor and/or materials replaced.
In addition to the foregoing disclaimers, limitations and terms, this limited warranty shall not apply to and does not cover accessories, nor does it cover products that are in any way subject to any of the following:
- Improper setup, installation or storage.
- Lack of proper maintenance and service.
- Accident, damage, theft, abuse or misuse.
- Abnormal operating conditions or applications.
- Repair or modification by customer or any third party without written consent of CIC POWERBOX, LLC.
- Use under operating conditions or in applications not recommended or approved by CIC POWERBOX, LLC
- Abnormal and/or abusive wear and tear.
- The use of accessories or attachments not recommended by CIC POWERBOX, LLC
- Acts of God.
The application of these exclusions will be determined at the sole discretion of CIC POWERBOX, LLC.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS MADE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR GUARANTY ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW.
ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, IMPLIED WARRANTY, GUARANTY AND ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE PERFORMANCE OF THE EQUIPMENT, AND ANY REMEDY FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, IN TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY WHICH, BUT FOR THIS PROVISION, MIGHT ARISE BY IMPLICATION, OPERATION OF LAW, CUSTOM OF TRADE, OR COURSE OF DEALING ARE EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED BY CIC POWERBOX LLC.
Some states in the United States of America do not allow limitations of how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion of incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages, and as such, the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty provides specific legal rights. Other rights may be available to you, but may vary from State to State.
In Canada, legislation in some provinces provides for certain additional warranties or remedies other than as stated herein, and to the extent that they may not be saved, the limitations and exclusions set forth above may not apply. This Limited Warranty provides specific legal rights, and other rights may be available, but may vary from Province to Province. Prior to any purchase, please contact CIC POWERBOX LLC for specific Warranty allowances regarding your area.